Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bake a carrot cake.

CARROT JUICE, anyone?
We had 2 full glass of carrot juice this morning. 1 pound of "juiced" carrot = 2 glass... it's pretty filling. That left us with 3 cups of grated carrots. Which means it was time for our first mission: Bake a carrot cake.

I personally am not really fond of carrot cake, but Louis likes it. Anyhow, it's a good deed not to waste food. Meanwhile I made an instant flan with almond extract, I do not deny it. I'm horrible at cooking. Louis loves to cook and bake, but I think you all know already. When it comes donw to food, Louis turns into a Genie, you know that blue thing from Aladdin. Hahaha (please imagine Charle Brown kind of laugher, very dry). Now finally, after 45 minutes of baking, Louis is waiting to place the frosting on the carrot cake.

I didn't know that it takes so long to cool it off a cake. I think he placed the frosting too soon, it melted...but anyway, first mission complete!

I had a bite out of this fresh carrot cake, and it actually tasted good. My last carrot cake couple years ago despaired me, but this cake gave me some hope...thanks Genie. -j.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home