Monday, July 17, 2006

Toadstool, or Gourmet Mushroom?

Yikes! I'm not so fond of those fungus. I'm allergic to it, and also it visually disturbs me. Unlike Louis, I am not a mushroom lover. We found this mushroom around our neighborhood, under the front yard of some kind of office place. It was pretty huge, about 6 inches wide. Is it eatable? According to Louis, the answer is NO. "If you break the head of the mushroom and it bruises black, it's poisonous." Said Louis.

I'm not sure what kind of mushroom this is. It looks pretty scary to me. Louis broke a piece off of it and it turned black...It's probably poisonous. So Louis had decided to grow his own oyster mushroom. He bought 2 buckets and went around coffee shop to get a used coffee grind, and also oyster mushrooms which was about to go bad from grocery store. He buried the mushroom in the freshly ground coffee which is placed in the bucket. Now you just wait and water it everyday until it turns white...Well I will let you know if this mushroom colony is successful. - j.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home