Thursday, August 10, 2006

Itchy Bitchy Spider.

Spider. One of the major things I despise in life. Spider-man. I never really paid much attention to it. I know what Spider-man is, but I didn't know what is the story behind it. I just assume that he is like Superman. It's all the same, is what I believed. Later, Louis told me that Spider-man is quite different, he is nothing like Superman. I'm not fond of super hero movies, so I really didn't give enough credit for all other super hero stories. I don't know if the original comic book story of the Spider-man differs from the movie, but Spider-man is actually a young high school geek, who gets bit by a special spider. The first Spider-man movie is a story of how Peter Baker, (who just graduated high school in Forrest Hills, Queens) became Spider-man and realize that "great power comes with great responsibility."

Another surprise about this movie was the first, the very first scene, where it shows our neighborhood. Our street, where we live. I was looking at the 7 train and thinking, hey this looks very familiar...Then I realize that is where we live, Sunnyside. Unlike Superman, Peter Baker is a human being, who is not invincible and all mighty. He makes mistakes and enjoy and understand his new abilities as he realize he can use this power to save others. I think that's what makes Spider-man different from Superman.

This movie was much more than what I had in mind. Some of the CG effects looked like it came from game console...Plus, $3.99 for this brand new DVD was an offer I cannot refuse. We also bought Spider-man 2, and I think Spider-man 3 is coming out in movie theaters soon. Well, I still like MEN IN BLACK better. There are rumors that they are going to make MIB 3 but it's not for sure. I'm still not in love with super hero movies, but it was a fun movie to watch and I'm glad I give it a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home